Thursday, November 1, 2007

the first post is always the hardest

To start a blog seems a bit risky. Writing your thoughts your dreams and feelings online and in one place while could be therapeutic, but could come back and bite you in the ass. So with this in mind, to borrow from one of my favorite media icons, David Letterman, here is my top ten things about blogs

  1. what if I write and nobody reads (a bit vein don't you think?)
  2. what if I don't have anything to say?
  3. what would my mother say?
  4. why should I spend the time?
  5. who will read this?
  6. what will they think?
  7. where will this information end up?
  8. what if I don't?
  9. what if I can gain clarity?
  10. what if I can make a difference?

OK a bit about me, Bob Steelhammer; 48 year old married eCommerce professional. Most recently I was the Vice President of att.com; yup used to run att.com; before that cingular.com, before that motorola.com/semiconductor, before that sgi.com and before that a large portion of ibm.com (sounds a little bit like the Bible with all of the begot).

I am just starting to launch my own firm; The Steelhammer Group. The goal is simple; help companies recognize their eCommerce potential. Most companies have huge investments in eCommerce and aren't getting the return they should. We can help companies get better return on investments through what I call web fundamentals. More on that later.

I did it my first post; will you respect me in the morning :-)

Bob

No comments: